I have been asked about a step-by-step guide to incorporating technology into the classroom. Therefore, I will attempt to write a series explaining the steps I take when incorporating technology into my teaching. I am sure every teacher has his/her own workflow when planning for this, and probably you will develop your own as well. These steps I’m sharing give you an idea and a base of what you should consider when you start to integrate technology into your foreign language teaching.
So, let’s get started! In this series on “5 Steps to Integrating Technology into your Foreign Language Classroom”, I will discuss:
- Where to start? – What you need to know before you start integrating technology into your classroom.
- What’s the plan? – Why you need to have a plan and SMART goals.
- Which tool? – How to identify and select the best tool for each teaching purpose.
- How to implement? – How to take technology from idea to practice in foreign language teaching.
- Now what? – Was going through the trouble of incorporating technology into your lessons worth it.
Read more at Part II – considerations you need to take when you begin the process of incorporating technology into your foreign language classroom.
Image Credit – Flickr Commons