Teachers please feel free to use these Spanish teaching resources, but we ask that you respect the copyright and footer information of all of them.
Elementary Spanish Lesson Plans & Activities:
- Count in Español- Spanish Lesson Numbers (elementary) great lesson plan to learn how to count to 10 in Spanish with the help of a children’s story “Count on culebra”.
- Spanish Numbers Cards (Los Numeros) spanish4teachers.org Spanish numbers cards from 1 to 20. Ready to print and cut to play memory (matching cards) or even use as flash cards.
- Printable Coloring Spanish Alphabet Letters (elementary) printable PDF documents with the Spanish letters. Click on each letter to find the printable poster.
- Collection of Printable Spanish Letters Cards (elementary) beautiful printable Spanish alphabet letter cards.
- Arroz Con Leche, Aserrin Aserran, La Ballena, Buenas Noches (Spanish Teaching Songs – Canciones): these are four different Spanish children’s songs with lyrics. Click on each one to listen. Some are follow–along.
- Colorin ColoRadio excellent radio-station website for kids. Contains lots of Spanish Teaching songs. Listening, reading, interactive activities and more.
- Coloring Games to Practice Spanish Colors, Clothes and Body Parts (elementary) practice colores, ropa, partes del cuerpo by choosing a picture and coloring it. Could be used to ask the students to color according to instructions (color the pants blue…)
- Spanish Simply amazing elementary Spanish resource! – Lesson plans, ideas and activities shared by early elementary Spanish teacher.
- The Oca Game downloadable game to practice Spanish pronunciation and reading syllables.
- Unidades didacticas – español para niños a 100+ page document with activities, lessons, worksheets and resources to use in the Elementary Spanish classroom (created by Ma. Luisa Gonzalez and Lara Kulikowski).
- La Navidad Crafts 10 ideas to create Hispanic inspired Christmas crafts in your elementary Spanish classroom. -La Navidad-
- La Navidad Vocab Worksheet to practice Spanish Christmas vocab. Match the word with the image. -La Navidad-
Elementary Spanish Powerpoint Presentations:
- Los Números Del 0 Al 999 Elementary Presentation (Spanish Numbers PowerPoint 0 to 99) spanish4teachers.org to teach the Spanish numbers from zero to 999. Shows tricks to learn the numbers in Spanish easily.
- Spanish Numbers Elementary PowerPoint_Números Mil A Un Millón spanish4teachers.org to review the numbers in Spanish from zero to 100 & to learn the Spanish numbers from one thousand to one million. Shows tricks to learn them easily.
- Age & Phone Number Elementary PowerPoint spanish4teachers.org presentation to teach how to say and ask someone’s age and phone number in Spanish.
- Spanish PowerPoint with Sound spanish4teachers.org different vocab presentations with sound.
- Spanish children’s short stories in Powerpoint many downloadable short stories in PPT format. Great for reading in the classroom to display book pictures in projectors.
Elementary Spanish Worksheets & Handouts:
- Elementary Spanish Worksheet Days of the Week _ Los dias spanish4teachers.org crossword puzzle to practice the days of the week in Spanish.
- Elementary Worksheet of the Months in Spanish _ Los Meses spanish4teachers.org crossword puzzle to practice the days of the week in Spanish.
- Spanish Numbers 0 – 10 Worksheet _Los Numeros spanish4teachers.org crossword puzzle to practice the numbers from zero to ten in Spanish. The numbers can be colored in.
- The Colors in Spanish_Los Colores spanish4teachers.org crossword puzzle worksheet to practice the twelve basic colors in Spanish. It comes with answer key.
- Spanish Farewells Elementary Handout – Adios spanish4teachers.org handout on how to say goodbye in Spanish
- Spanish Greetings Elementary Handout – ¿Cómo está? spanish4teachers.org handout on asking how people are.
- Spanish Greetings – Replies spanish4teachers.org handout on how to reply to a greeting in Spanish.
- Elementary Worksheet of Spanish Greetings Puzzle spanish4teachers.org look for Spanish greetings in a word search grid.
- Spanish Greetings Elementary Worksheet – Match The Spanish With The English spanish4teachers.org match the English greeting with the Spanish greeting.
- Spanish Greetings Worksheet – Write A Dialogue spanish4teachers.org write a short dialogue in Spanish greeting someone.
- Medios de Transporte Word Search spanish4teachers.org Spanish transport word search (barco, tren, coche, etc).
- Dibujos de Emociones para Imprimir very cute printable pictures of the emotions in Spanish (feliz, enfadado…).
- Graphich Organizers in Spanish (Ayudas Graficas) tons of elementary graphic organizers in Spanish.
- Printable Spanish Puzzles puzzles to practice Spanish vocab or reading.
- South America Map blank South America map to learn and color the South American Spanish speaking countries.
- Spanish prepositions, vocab, colors and directions simple follow instructions activities to practice vocab, prepositions (arriba, abajo), directions (a la derecha, a laizquierda). Packet contains 4 different worksheets.
- Spanish Animals Activity spanish4teachers.org most common animals in Spanish word search activity.
- Spanish classroom objects worksheet spanish4teachers.org word search activity of 17 classroom vocab words. Names of objects are in Spanish.
- Classroom Objects in Spanish Word Search spanish4teachers.org printable handout. The names of the class objects are in English and students must find them in Spanish.
- Elementary Spanish reading resources worksheets, handouts and printable activities for elementary students.
- Elementary Spanish writing resources printable worksheets, games, and other activities to practice writing Spanish in the elementary classroom.
- Ele para niños amazing blog filled with ideas, materials and resources for teaching Spanish as a foreign language to children.
- Aventuras en las aulas another wonderful blog, written by a Spanish teacher. Filled with creative ideas to try out in the Elementary Spanish classroom.
- Pequeño Ele super blog written by elementary Spanish teacher Francisco Lara. He shares his ideas, activities, resources and materials.
- Señora Speedy a Spanish teachers blogs about her “adventures” in her elementary Spanish classroom. Great ideas and resources.
- El Mundo de Pepita blog written by Spanish teacher Julie Hoffman in which she shares ideas and resources for teaching Spanish to children.
- El Rincon de los Ninos biblioteca virtual infantil – children’s virtual library. Tons of free and downloadable Spanish children’s books organized by age. Great elementary Spanish resources for bilingual education as well!
- EducaPeques tons of elementary teaching resources, printables, ideas, lessons, games all in Spanish.
- First Grade Dual Blog amazing blog with ideas, lessons and resources about teaching kids two languages in first grade.
- Online Spanish Activities for Kids a collection of online interactive activities to practice and learn Spanish.
- Burbujitas Spanish Blog ideas, activities, projects, games, tips and resources for teaching Spanish to Elementary students.
- Spanish Posters many printable Spanish posters to decorate your primary classroom.
- Maestra Infantil a monthly, free and downloadable magazine for elementary Spanish teachers. Filled with Spanish elementary resources, ideas, posters, advice, games, songs, short stories and more.
- Spanish Elementary Wiki a Wiki with many Spanish elementary resources, activities and printables. Documents are editable. The website is divided and organized by unit (animals, calendar, family, clothing, time, food, colors, numbers, body parts and more).
- Spanish children’s songs by country children’s songs from different Hispanic countries. Most offer two versions: one with the lyrics and one just with the tune (to use for karaoke, for example)
- Elementary Children’s Rhymes rhymes from around the world in Spanish. Offered in English and Spanish with mp3 version and illustrated video.
- Children’s Digital Library a digital library for kids in Spanish. Online books, activities and games that can be used in the primary classroom.
- Spanish Narrated Short Stories narrated and illustrated short stories with follow-up questions.
- Clean-Up Song in Spanish short and catchy clean-up song in Spanish. Great for elementary classrooms.
- Discovery Kids en español website filled with interactive activities in Spanish. Videos, stickers, games and more.
- PicoClub many online interactive games to practice Spanish vocab. It also contains activities, chidren’s songs in mp3 with lyrics, stories, puzzles and more (click on “juegos” or “actividades” tabs).
- Escritorio Infantil different interactive activities to practice Spanish vocab, numbers, alphabet and more. Hover over the animals to see the activities.
- ChildTopia games and interactive activities for elementary Spanish classrooms. Videos, games, stories, songs and more.
- Spanish Numbers Interactive Activity fun activity to dial the phone number as you listen to the numbers being said in Spanish.
- Spanish Alphabet Games online games perfect for elementary students starting to learn Spanish. Students practice the alphabet and simple vocab related to it. They are shown a letter and they must select the object that starts with that letter. There are three levels.
Elementary Spanish Songs and Videos:
El Alfabeto Spanish Song – Spanish Alphabet
Alfabeto song lyrics here: Spanish Alphabet Song
Los Colores Spanish Video – Spanish Colors
Los Numeros Song – The Numbers in Spanish
Spanish números song lyrics here: Spanish Numbers Song
Los Saludos Song – Spanish Greetings
Días de la Semana Spanish Song – Days of the Week
Spanish days of the week song lyrics here: Spanish Days Song
Días de la Semana y el Tiempo Spanish Song – Days of the Week and Weather
Spanish days and weather song lyrics here: Spanish Days & Weather Song
Spanish Greetings and Daily Routines Song
Looking for a resource or material that you can’t find here? Let us know in the comments below and we’ll do our best to help you find it!