Are you getting started with “flipping or blending” your Spanish classroom? Here are some useful resources to help you along your Spanish flipping journey.
Spanish Flipped Classroom Essentials:
- What is the flipped classroom? detailed infographic that explains exactly what the flipped classroom is.
- The flipped class: What it is & what it is not demystify your perceptions about flipped instruction with this great article plus resources.
- The flip: Classwork at home, homework in class the Washington Post interviews Jonathan Bergmann.
- Flipping for beginners description of the standard instructional cycle of flipped lessons.
- 5 best practices for the flipped classroom 5 great tips for your Spanish flipped classrooms.
- Flip Your Instruction with Online Discussions a webinar by Catlin Tucker.
- My View: Flipped classrooms give every student a chance to succeed CNN article by Greg Green, principal at a financially challenged school near Detroit.
- View my collection of curated flipped classroomm resources below:
Flipped Classroom Certifications:
- Online Flipped Classroom Certification get flipped classroom certified with Sophia.org for free.
Flipped Classroom Platforms:
- Sophia.org a platform that allows you to create organized lessons virtual with any media or document.
- MentorMob platform that let’s you create playlists out of any document, website, media.
- Ted -Ed Flip Tool a wondeful tool created by TED in which you can create a lesson around a Youtube video of your choice. Add quizzes, activities and track student performance.
Blended Classroom Essentials:
- Blended Learning Toolkit definition, examples, best practices, building your own blended course, etc.
- Blended learning Wiki definition, resources, examples and tools for “blending your class”.
- Teaching to the Common Core State Standards Using Blended Instruction webinar by Catlin Tucker.
Language Teachers Flipping their Classrooms:
Useful Spanish Teaching Videos for Flipped/Blended Spanish Classrooms:
Subjuntivo – Spanish Subjunctive
Cognates – Cognados
Preterito vs. Imperfecto
Spanish Present Tense Shoe Verbs
Looking for a resource or material that you can’t find here? Let us know in the comments below and we’ll do our best to help you find it!