This Spanish Reading Comprehension page printable resources and web-bases reading comprehension resources that you can use to teach, practice and/or assess reading comprehension in the Spanish language.
Teachers please feel free to use these Spanish teaching resources, but we ask that you respect the copyright and footer information of all of them.
Reading Comprehension in Spanish Exercises, Texts and Activities:
- Spanish Reading Comprehension Información Personal Spanish4Teachers.org (elementary). Short text with basic vocab on personal information such as name, age, birthday and others.
- Beginners Reading Comprehension in Spanish Spanish4Teachers.org (middle school). Short paragraph of someone mentioning basic information about herself.
- Spanish Intermediate Reading Comprehension (A2/B1) Spanish4Teachers.org (High School) Reading comprehension based on an interview done to the singer Juanes. Includes answers. Intermediate level. Comprensión de lectura A2/B1.
- Las Rebajas Spanish Reading (middle/high school). Short text on sales with questions and other activities.
- Hablemos del Pasado Spanish Reading Comprehension and Lesson (high school). Complete lesson plan packet around the theme “Indigenas de Chile”. Read and answer the questions. Analyze the use of past tense. Brain storm, etc.
- Series of Short Reading Comprehension Texts in Spanish (middle/high school). Several short texts (one paragraph long) with questions to practice reading comprehension.
- Adios Peseta, Bienvenido Euro Spanish Reading Comprehension (high school). Reading comprehension on the change of the Spanish currency from Peseta to Euro.
- Comprension de Lectura (Spanish Reading Comprehension Exercises) (middle/high school) several reading comprehension exercises.
- Una Mascota Especial Comprension de Lectura (Reading Comprehension in Spanish) (middle/high school). A reading about a pet tarantula. Contains reading comp. questions.
- Short Reading Comprehension Texts (primary/middle school) a collection of many very short reading comprehension texts with questions.
- Many reading comprehension texts in Spanish this page has two sections of texts. One of short and simple reading comprehension texts in Spanish with questions. The second (Fichas) is a section of reading comprehension worksheets based on authentic Spanish material and resources, such as labels, ads, etc. All are printable.
- “La bruja Rita” Spanish reading comprehension (primary/middle school) text on simple facts of a “bruja”, perfect for Halloween. Mentions where she lives, what she likes, favorite food, etc.
- Authentic Spanish reading texts (middle/high school) a 99 page PDF document of authentic Spanish reading comprehension texts (ads, brochures, articles, etc). It contains texts for most language units.
- Printable reading comprehension documents a collection of Spanish reading comprehension texts and activities (Doc.)
- Short and basic comprehension texts in Spanish many printable comprehension PDF documents for students in beginning levels.
- Spanish short stories a compilation of printable short stories written in Spanish and categorized by value (valores) responsibility, honesty, etc.
Other Reading Comprehension Resources in Spanish:
- Comprension de Lectura (Reading Comp) (middle/high school). Articles, texts, ideas and lesson plans for Spanish reading comprehension.
- Ejercicio de Comprension de Lectura (Spanish Reading Comp. Exercise) (middle/high school) Interactive reading comprehension text with questions and answers.
- Interactive Reading Comprehension in Spanish (high school) several interactive readings with questions. Choose the level (B1 or B2) to enter.