This Spanish Tenses Page is divided into 3 sections, containing specific resources for teaching Spanish verb tenses and conjugations. Each resource is categorized as elementary, middle or high (school).
Teachers please feel free to use these Spanish teaching resources, but we ask that you respect the copyright and footer information of all of them.
Spanish Tenses Lesson Plans & Activities:
- Creating A Menu Using Preterite Tense a lesson plan to use the internet and create a menu to learn, review and use the Spanish preterit tense (Spanish Preterito)
- Spanish Present Progressive Lesson Plan (middle/high school) lesson plan to introduce and practice the present progressive (estar + gerundio)
- Present tense Practice Activities interactive and self-check practice activities for Spanish present tense regular and irregular verbs.
- Hay que + infinitivo and Tener que + infinitivo (middle / high school) complete lesson plan with activities and resources to introduce, learn and practice these Spanish expressions to talk about the future.
- Spanish imperatives activity and worksheets spanish4teachers.org (high school) a hands on activity to write a recipe with tú commands. Everything you need is provided in this packet. You can preview it below. To find more Picture Vocab lists go to the Vocab Lists section.
- Review the Imperfecto (high school) detailed lesson plans with assessment rubric to review the Spanish imperfect tense.
- Spanish Grammar and Verb Tenses Lesson Plans (high school) document in Spanish with a series of different lesson plans to teach and practice Spanish grammar, verb tenses and conjugations.
Spanish Tenses Powerpoint Presentations:
- PowerPoint Verbos Regulares Terminados En -Ar (Spanish Regular -ar verbs) (middle school) conjugating Spanish regular –ar verbs in present tense. Examples and exercises.
- PowerPoint Verbos Regulares Terminados En -Ir (Spanish Regular -ir verbs) (middle school) conjugating regular -ir verbs in present tense. Examples and exercises.
- PowerPoint Presente Indicativo (Spanish Present Indicative) (middle/high school) presentation in Spanish explaining the forms and uses of the Presente Indicativo (Present indicative Spanish tense). It includes exercises.
- El Presente Progresivo PowerPoint (Present Progressive) (middle/high school) presentation of the explanation, description, examples and exercises of the Spanish Present Progressive Tense.
- Spanish Future Tenses Powerpoint (Powerpoint Futuro) (middle/high school) short presentation explaining three forms of future tense including the simple future and ir+a+infinitive.
- Spanish Future Tense of Regular Verbs PPT (Futuro) (middle/high school) detailed presentation explaining the future tense of regular verbs.
- 3 Possible Spanish Future Tenses Powerpoint (middle/high school) presentation explaining three possible ways of expressing the future tense in Spanish.
- Pretérito Perfecto Indicativo (middle/high school) explanation, forms, uses and exercises.
- El Pretérito PowerPoint (Spanish Preterite) (middle school) detailed presentation on teaching the Spanish past tense.
- El Pretérito De Los Verbos (middle/high school) explanation and examples of the Spanish past tense.
- Spanish Preterite Forms (middle/high school) detailed explanation of the Spanish preterite for regular and irregular verbs. Includes examples and exercises.
- Spanish Imperfect PowerPoint (Imperfecto) spanish4teachers.org (high school) presentation explaining the use of the imperfect tense and its conjugation. Includes practice exercises.
- Pretérito Impererfecto Indicativo (high school) presentation to teach the Spanish Preterito Indicativo.
- Pretérito Pluscuamperfecto Indicativo (high school) presentation to teach the preterito pluscumperfecto.
- Subjuntivo PowerPoint (middle school) presentation that explains the subjunctive, uses, examples and exercises.
- Stem Changing Verbs Powerpoint (middle/high school) presentation explaining the Spanish conjugation of stem changing verbs.
- Spanish Subjunctive Powerpoint (Subjuntivo) (middle/high school) easy and “to the point” explanation on when and how to use subjunctive.
- Subjunctive Presentation (Subjuntivo) (middle/high school) explains how to form the Spanish subjunctive and gives very useful acronyms to remember some rules.
- Subjunctive in the Past (Pasado del Subjuntivo) (high school) presentation explaining the Spanish subjunctive past tense, the subjunctive “triggers” and the uses of “sino” and “pero”.
- Verb Tener Presentation (middle / high school) verb tener PowerPoint. Conjugation, uses and expressions.
- Verb Tener in Present tense (middle / high school) fun PowerPoint activity to practice the conjugation of the verb “tener” in present tense and to practice asking about someones age.
- Prezi presentation on Stem-Changing Verbs Spanish stem changing verbs presentation with examples, explanation and videos.
- Spanish Simple Future Powerpoint (middle / high school) presentation explaining the near future (futuro proximo) ir + a + infinitive.
Spanish Tenses Worksheets & Handouts:
- Mi Lista De Verbos Spanish4Teachers.org (middle/high school). Handout to record every verb learned.
- The Verb Llegar In Present Spanish4Teachers.org (middle school). Short fill in the blank worksheet to practice the verb “llegar“ in present.
- Spanish Regular -AR Verbs in Present Tense Spanish4Teachers.org (middle/high school). Worksheet to practice the conjugation of Spanish regular verbs ending in -ar.
- Present Tense of Irregular Shoe Verbs e ie Handout Spanish4Teachers.org (middle/high school) handout on conjugating Spanish irregular stem changing e > ie verbs in present. Contains list of common e>ie verbs and a few exercises.
- Spanish Present Tense Irregular o ue Stem Changing Verbs Handout Spanish4Teachers.org (middle/high school). Handout with explanation, list of common verbs and some exercises on present tense conjugation of irregular shoe verbs with stem change o>ue.
- Irregular Present Tense Stem changing verbs e > i Spanish4Teachers.org (middle/high school) an illustrative handout explaining the present tense of irregular e > i shoe verbs. Contains a list of commons e>i verbs and a couple exercises.
- Spanish Regular & Irregular Present Tense Exercises (middle/high school) several worksheets to practice many Spanish regular and irregular verbs in the present tense.
- Spanish irregular Stem changing Worksheets packet (high school) many worksheets and handouts of different stem changing verbs in the present. Comes with answers.
- Present Tense of Regular & Irregular Verbs (middle school) simple activity to practice present tense through house chores.
- Spanish Future Tense Handout (high school) handout explaining the Spanish future tense.
- Preterite of Regular Verbs Worksheet (Preterito de Verbos Regulares) Spanish4Teachers.org (high school) explains the Spanish regular preterite form and gives a fill in the blank text exercise.
- Spanish Preterite – Preterito Indefinido Worksheet Spanish4Teachers.org (high school) to practice and use the Spanish preterite (preterito indefinido) in different situations.
- Spanish Imperfect Worksheet Spanish4Teachers.org (high school) complete the story of the past filling in the blank with the imperfect (imperfecto).
- Conditional_Condicional Activities (high school) several activities to practice the conditional tense.
- Spanish Subjunctive Exercises (high school) multiple exercises to practice subjunctive in the present, past and future tenses. It comes along with the answers.
- Spanish Verbs with Irregular Yo Form (high school) worksheet to practice conjugating verbs with irregular yo form on present tense (salir, traer, poner, haver, tener, ect)
- Spanish Verb Tense Lotto (middle/high school) free printable Lotto game to practice five Spanish verb tenses: present (presente), imperfect (imperfecto), preterite (preterito), future (futuro) and imperative (imperativo).
Useful Spanish Tenses and Conjugations Videos:
Find more videos, organized in playlists in our Youtube Channel.
Spanish Tener Conjugation Rap
Irregular Preterite Conjugation Song
Present Tense -er and -ir verbs
Present Tense Conjugation Song
Spanish Present Tense Shoe Verbs
Spanish Present Tense -ar Verbs Song
Looking for a resource or material that you can’t find here? Let us know in the comments below and we’ll do our best to help you find it!